Royal City Nursery is a family-owned garden centre which has been serving the Guelph community since 1962. We take pride in our client relationships and providing excellent customer service.
To be considered for any position,
- You are a self-starter and work well independently and as part of a team
- You enjoy the ability to organize your work and prioritize tasks effectively
- You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- You have a great sense of humour, a positive and friendly attitude and a willingness to learn
Our ideal candidate will assist in mentoring a number of department managers and lead hands, while overseeing the daily operations of the garden centre. Candidates have at least 7-10 years garden centre experience, strong understanding of business operations, excellent communication skills and strong management skills. This is a full time position.
Qualified candidates will
- * Maintain & sustain daily sales, production and purchasing
- Understand and execute the company’s business plan and objectives
- Motivate and encourage staff
- Perform opening and closing duties and all paperwork associated with end of day sales.
- Initiate and organize the setup of the garden centre sales floor
- Work with department managers to ensure inventory is maintained.
- Provide assistance and support to staff and customers
- Work as a leader and role model to maintain brand and company image
- Develop and oversee monthly or yearly budgets
We offer a competitive wage package to commensurate with experience. If this sounds like a role for you, please apply via email, directing correspondence to Tanya Olsen or Dave White.