Celebrating 56 years in business in the Guelph area, Royal City Nursery is a third generation family-run business. We are expanding our existing landscape construction division and are looking for a motivated individual to join our team of industry experts, who pride themselves on delivering exceptional customer service.
In this role you will assist in the mentoring of a crew of 2-3 landscape employees while installing residential and commercial landscapes as per design. This is a full time position.
Qualified candidates will have:
- At least 2 years related landscaping experience
- Experience in the operation of all landscape construction equipment such as skid-steer, mini-excavator, trimmers, pruners, weed-eaters etc.
- Horticultural back ground with some knowledge in the installation of hard and soft-scapes
- Sound knowledge of horticultural, landscape construction and maintenance practices.
- The ability to motivate crew members and supervise effective completion of work.
- The ability to interact with clientele and provide clients with great customer service.
- At the garden center you will assist customers and be responsible for the upkeep of the grounds.
- The ability to represent yourself professionally at all times
- High School Diploma. Post-secondary horticulture education is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid class G license, clean driving record and experience driving with a trailer.
We offer a competitive wage package to commensurate with experience. Career pathways can also include sponsorship into a Red Seal Horticulture Apprenticeship Program. If this sounds like a role for you, please apply directing correspondence to Tanya Olsen or Dave White